Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Purchase FINIS SwiMP3 v2 Waterproof MP3 Player


Over All Rating Reviews :
OK, I love to swim. I am trying to lose weight and I hate to sweat, so swimming is a great cardio choice for me. But, then, there was the boredom. When you do anything else cardio you can listen to your mp3 player, right? Not so much with swimming. Counting laps, making up blog posts, shopping lists, design ideas for my store...just, your mind goes wild with things that frankly, are frustrating, cuz you cannot do a thing about ANY of them while you're doing laps. I always thought, "If I just had some music...", but when I looked for it in the past the technology was for only the very elite. Several hundred dollars that I was unwilling to spend. I recently found a cheap [forty bucks] mp3 player at my local Fry's. It was not a case, but a waterproof mp3 player, with a pair of earplugs that looked like clear, soft rubber Christmas trees. I used it about 4 times...and honestly, even though the sound was just so-so, and if water got past the Christmas trees it was pretty much gone...it was still very cool. I could hear the music for most of my workout [an hour of laps] and I would have been tickled. As it happens...I have sissy ear canals. I can't wear any kind of ear plugs, not even the foam ones, for any length of time...and I am talking minutes...without breaking down the skin inside my ears. Then I have days of crusting and healing before I can wear them again. I thought if I just kept redoing the process it would toughen up in there. But at one point my left ear was nearly crusted shut. So sad.

Back to the drawing board. I researched some more and found something called "bone conduction technology" in reference to underwater music players. Used to be very expensive. VERY. Now? It's not so pricey!! This player did drop fifteen dollars from the time I ordered it to the time I received it...one day. Meh.

Anyhow, I got my SwiMP3 v2 on Saturday and I put almost 3 hours of my favorite workout music on it over the weekend. It was very easy using Windows Media Player 11. Totally drag and drop. It is small as far as storage, but it is plenty long for my 1-2 hour swim workout.

I used it for the first time Monday. And...O.M.G. Awesome is not even close to how cool this is. First, it doesn't go IN your ear. I repeat - NOT IN YOUR EAR! It clips to the strap on your goggles and the speaker part [the large end in the picture] sits below on the skin in front of your ear, near your cheekbone. This conducts the sound through the bone directly to the inner ear. It was loud and crisp and wonderful...then I put my head under water. My ears filled with water and...LOUDER, CRISPER, even MORE wonderful! I stopped and asked my lane mate if he could hear it. He said, "Hear what?" I lifted the speaker from my cheek and he leaned in and said, "OH! I can now..." It sounded for all the world like the whole Natatorium could hear it! I swam for an hour and the only thing that changes the sound is when your head comes out of the water. I usually swim with a snorkel, but did a few laps without to test this. Seems to be a bit more noise in my ears from turning and lifting my head to breathe...so it interferes slightly in hearing the music. But really, not very much. I have no idea how this thing is waterproof, but it seems to be, and is just completely amazing.

I can't find anything wrong with this device. Adjusting the volume is easy, just push and hold the up or down arrow buttons. Changing songs, one touch to the up or down arrow buttons moves you one song back or forward in your list. I can only see one issue with it. I am certain to want to swim MORE [today I did over an hour, 1.5 miles - 54 laps] and might very well hurt myself with this...heh.

Get more detail about FINIS SwiMP3 v2 Waterproof MP3 Player.


!: Pasmina Top Quality







No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。